Well September proved to be quite a month. First our Maldon Deep smoked salmon won the smoked fish category in the annual Great British Food Awards. Then co-founder and master smoker Sean Jackson starred in the finals of the Young British Foodies.
It was a monumental achievement for Sean given the competition had three thousand food professionals vying for a sacred place on the shortlist.
At the YBFs awards ceremony, the judges also lavishly praised Sean's talents. They said: "the Maldon Deep smoked salmon was unbelievably delicious. We've been dreaming about it ever since."
In a photo finish Sean was pipped to the post by a butter producer who learnt his trade at the world famous Swedish restaurant Fäviken located 200 miles south of the Arctic Circle.
Now don't get us wrong, we love our spot in Essex but when it comes to exotic backstories the neo-Arctic probably gets our vote.
More post in same category
- "Delicious" Juniper Smoked Salmon Gains 2* at Great Taste Awards 2018
- Lambton & Jackson Handmade Salmon Boards Now Available to Buy Online
- Master Smoker Sean Jackson Stars in 2017 Finals of the Young British Foodies
- Maldon Deep Smoked Salmon Leaps to Victory in Great British Food Awards
- New Maldon Smoked Salmon Jerky Will Revolutionise Your Pre-Dinner Nibbles
- Lambton & Jackson Maldon Deep Makes Final of Great British Food Awards 2017