It was a privilege to play a supporting role at the recent Women in Hospitality 2018 event in London. Our smoked eel proved a big hit as a starter. No surprise given its wondrous Thai makeover from The Begging Bowl's hugely inventive chef patron Jane Alty.
It was quite a dish to say the least.
The smoked eel was combined with a palm sugar mix seasoned with dried galangal, gapi, peanuts and toasted coconut
Then it was folded through with longkong fruit, lime, Thai shallots and wrapped in betel leaf.
No easy matter repeating that feat in your kitchen, but you'll never know until you try.
That said our smoked eel is damn good eaten with a dash of horseradish cream.
More post in same category
- Begging Bowl Supremo Jane Alty Gives L&J Smoked Eel Star Thai Makeover
- "Delicious" Juniper Smoked Salmon Gains 2* at Great Taste Awards 2018
- Lambton & Jackson Handmade Salmon Boards Now Available to Buy Online
- Master Smoker Sean Jackson Stars in 2017 Finals of the Young British Foodies
- Maldon Deep Smoked Salmon Leaps to Victory in Great British Food Awards
- New Maldon Smoked Salmon Jerky Will Revolutionise Your Pre-Dinner Nibbles