Fabulous news food gong lovers, our Juniper smoked salmon won two stars at the Great Taste Awards 2018. After devouring a side the judges called it "delicious." Only last year our Maldon Deep won the smoked fish category at the Great British Food Awards.
We introduced our Juniper smoked salmon in 2016 to mark the 1,025th anniversary of the Battle Maldon when marauding Vikings wreaked havoc just a healthy spear's throw from the smokehouse.
So as a gastronomic homage we use a classic Scandinavian blend of beech, alder and juniper in the smoking process.
And it certainly impressed the Great Taste judges who said: "this is not a canapé salmon to be served with cream cheese but a salmon to relish on its own with a knife and fork."
More post in same category
- Begging Bowl Supremo Jane Alty Gives L&J Smoked Eel Star Thai Makeover
- "Delicious" Juniper Smoked Salmon Gains 2* at Great Taste Awards 2018
- Lambton & Jackson Handmade Salmon Boards Now Available to Buy Online
- Master Smoker Sean Jackson Stars in 2017 Finals of the Young British Foodies
- Maldon Deep Smoked Salmon Leaps to Victory in Great British Food Awards
- New Maldon Smoked Salmon Jerky Will Revolutionise Your Pre-Dinner Nibbles